Schools And University
Improving Campus-wide Communication with Smart Digital Signage
Every day, more and more schools, colleges and universities are turning to digital signage to inform, educate and alert their campuses. Primarily deployed in common areas such as cafeterias, student lounges, libraries and facility lobbies, these communication networks provide a critical link between campus administrators, facility and the student body. Smart Digital Signage can help you visualize your message and break through the clutter of boring paper signage with a dynamic way to show event details, building directories, campus mapping, simple announcements and alerts.
Inform, Educate and Communicate
Smart Digital Signage is helping educational institutions from K-12 to the university level achieve a variety of communications objectives more easily than ever before. What can digital signage do for your school?
- Distribute basic announcements (alerts, holiday notices, logistical reminders) more easily
- Post important visitor information like building directories, campus maps, and check-in procedures
- Replace bulletin boards and paper signs that grab space but not attention
- Highlight student and staff contributions and feature other information about your institution
The success of a digital signage network depends entirely on the content. By design, Smart digital signage content must follow the institution’s overall business and marketing strategy. It must complement the other student-oriented activities of the campus. Content must be current, relevant, meaningful, interesting, motivating and evoke emotion in order to consistently draw the attention of the campus populace. Smart Digital Signage is easy to configure, boasts HD picture quality, and allows for the management of multiple display boards from one central location. That means your content can always change when it needs to, and unlike information on paper signs, it will never fray or be torn down.
Emergency Alerts at High Schools and Colleges
College and university campuses are not immune to the threats and events that challenge every local community – potential weather disasters and threats to personal safety are unhappily common occurrences that require appropriate action on campus. In times of crisis, these signage displays can be transformed into an emergency communication system, allowing staff to post visual alert messages quickly.
Campus-wide Signage Network: A Revenue Source
Smart Digital signage systems are not only affordable but also provide an additional revenue opportunity by offering prime advertising space for relevant vendors.
- Food vendors for cafeteria displays
- Publishing companies for your library or bookstore
- With multiple rotating slides, integrate advertising space tastefully and make the decision to adopt digital signage even more economical